Half Triathlon Rules
This event is organized by the Ibiza Half Triathlon Sports Association. It will take place on 24 October 2021, starting at 8 a.m. from Figueretas beach in Ibiza. The event comprises of a 2‑km open water swim, an 85‑km cycle and a 21‑km run.
This competition complies with the rules set forth by the Spanish Triathlon Federation (FETRI).
IBIZA HALF TRIATHLON is an OPEN event. All triathletes reporting to be in good physical, psychological and medical condition may enrol.
This competition usually serves as the final of the Spanish MD & LD Triathlon Cup for triathletes affiliated to FETRI.
Registration is open for Elite, Age Groups and Non-affiliated athletes.
Participants may register for the competition and manage their application at www.triatlonibiza.com
Entry fees and application periods are as follows:
Elite & Age Groups
- € 90 until 2 February 2021
- € 110 until 31 March 2021
- € 130 until 30 June 2021
- € 150 until 11 October 2021
Non-affiliated, Open & International
- € 100 until 2 February 2021
- € 120 until 31 March 2021
- € 140 until 30 June 2021
- € 160 until 11 October 2021
We offer entry cancellation cover.
CASH PRIZES 6.000 €
ELITE M & F add up to 4.000 €
- M & F 1st place € 1,000 each
- M & F 2nd place € 600 each
- M & F 3rd place € 400 each
M & F CLUBS add up to 2.000 €
- M & F 1st place € 500 each
- M & F 2nd place € 300 each
- M & F 3rd place € 200 each
Male and female categories are as follows.
Male & Female Elite (first three finishers will receive trophies). Cash prizes will be awarded to Elite finishers based on the overall ranking results.
Male & Female Age Groups (first three finishers of each Age Group will receive trophies).
- AG 20–24
- AG 25–29
- AG 30–34
- AG 35–39
- AG 40–44
- AG 45–49
- AG 50–54
- AG 55–59
- AG 60–64
- AG 65–69
- AG 70 years and older
LOCAL (first male and female finishers will receive a trophy)
All participants finishing within the allotted time will receive a Finisher medal customized with their name and finish time.
IBIZA TRIATHLON PROGRAMME
All events featured in the Ibiza Half Triathlon (i.e. the ‘Final of the 2021 Spanish MD & LD Triathlon Cup’) including talks, meetings, the Runners’ Expo, helpdesk, etc., will be held near Figueretas promenade and Ibiza Playa Hotel in Ibiza city.
Saturday, 23 October
- 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Bib and credentials pick-up.
- 11 a.m. Minibus tour to get acquainted with the cycling course. Departure from the entrance of Ibiza Playa Hotel. For participants only.
- 5 p.m. Technical meeting (Spanish) at Plaza Julià Verdera by Figueretas promenade in Ibiza city.
- 5:30 p.m. Technical meeting (English) at Plaza Julià Verdera by Figueretas promenade in Ibiza city.
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Equipment check-up—(Pit row in Figueretas promenade).
Sunday, 24 October
- 6:15 to 7:35 a.m. Opening of the Transition Area.
- 6:55 to 7:40 a.m. Warm-up for the swimming event.
- 7:45 a.m. Call Room—Figueretas beach.
- 8:00 a.m. Start 1 Male Elite.
- 8:02 a.m. Start 2 Female Elite.
- 8:04 a.m. Start 3 Male AG.
- 8:06 a.m. Start 4 Female AG.
- 1 p.m. Male & Female Elite Awards Ceremony.
- 5 p.m. MD AG Awards Ceremony.
MD CUT-OFF TIMES
- 9:05 a.m. T1 cut-off time (swimming finish)
- 11:00 a.m. km 43 cut-off time (cycle first lap cut-off time)
- 12:45 a.m. T2 cut-off time (cycle finish)
- 15:00 a.m. cut-off Finish time